Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Stock Selection Criteria

My selection criteria are really simple at this point:

  1. The stock should be less than $3 per share – this may change as I have more money to invest.
  2. I must have heard of the company before – this may change as I learn more about the stock market.
  3. It must have easily identifiable wiggle room over the last 10 days of trading. Stocks that are going straight up or straight down are not targets for me.
  4. Wiggle room has to be at least 10% - my current investing goal.
  5. It must be trading on the NYSE or NASDAQ – no pink stocks.
  6. (New one added after a week of looking at the charts) It must have reasonable trading volume. I am not sure how to define that at the moment, but will define it better as we go. For right now, if trading volumes are listed in the "thousands" instead of the "millions" or there was any time during the last two weeks where it showed no trading going on, I am going to take it off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment